- YIELD: 2 litres (8-10 Servings)
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 15 mins
- READY IN: 20 mins
A Christmas favourite of mine! My mum has been making this for years, and I've tweaked it over the years with a couple of secret ingredients. There's so many variations as well- why not add a tsp of raw cacao powder for a chocolate twist? Or how about double the coffee for a real kick? Play around with it, you really can't go wrong! All ingredients can be found at your local health food store (except the whisky). Wattleseed extract is from the seed of an indigenous plant, and has a gorgeous flavour. You can buy it from specialty stores.
- 4 x 220ml cans Coconut Cream Full Fat (in Australia, coconut cream contains about 50-60% coconut water, so it does combine to a beautiful thick 'milk'. You can use coconut milk if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- 1/2 cups Organic Coconut Sugar more if a sweeter cream is desired
- 2 cups good quality cold pressed coffee I cold-press my own, but normal espresso or instant is fine- just halve the amount. Cold pressed coffee isn't as strong, so you need more.
- 1 1/2 cups Jamieson irish whisky (omit for an alcohol free version)
- 2 Vanilla Bean Pods seeds only, scraped
- 1 tsp Wattleseed Extract optional - but gives it a gorgeous chocolatey/coffee flavour
- In a large pot, empty the coconut cream over a medium-high heat. Add the rapadura or coconut sugar and whisk well, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Drop the heat, and whisk the sugar really well through the coconut cream, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Add the coffee, whisky (if using), vanilla bean seeds and wattleseed extact (optional), and stir well.
- Allow to cool completely, and pour into sterilised glass jars. Store in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Serve over ice, or give as a gorgeous gift!