- YIELD: 220g
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 5 mins
- READY IN: 10 mins
A delicious spice mix, that can be added to salad, soup, dips or tossed over roasted vegetables. It's incredible when served the tradtional Lebanese way...mixed with olive oil into a paste, and used to dip with pita bread.
- 200 g sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 15 g Dried Thyme
- 20 g sumac (available from specialty grocers)
- 1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the sesame seeds, and toss gently, allowing them to turn golden brown (about 60 seconds)
- Drizzle the sesame seeds with lemon juice and set aside
- In a coffee grinder or blender, add the sesame seeds, dried thyme, sumac and sea salt
- Process or blend for 5 seconds- you don't want to overblend.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container