- YIELD: 4 Servings
- PREP: 10 mins
- COOK: 30 mins
- READY IN: 40 mins
Thick, chunky and layered with smoky, spicy flavours.... this is a must-make winter warmer!
- 3 Fresh Corn Cobs kernels sliced off
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Large Red Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 celery stalks finely sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups Pumpkin diced
- 1 400ml can coconut cream
- 400ml water
- 1 bunch Coriander chopped
- 1 tsp Himalayan Rock Salt
- fresh lemon to serve
- Remove the kernels from the cobs. Set aside.
- Heat up the coconut oil in a large pot, and add onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Stir until soft- about 10 minutes
- Add smoked and sweet paprika, turmeric and cinnamon, and stir until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, corn, and pour in coconut cream and water. Bring to a gentle boil, and then simmer for 25 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, blend for a few seconds- you want it to remain chunky. Alternatively, pour 1/3 of it into a blender and blend well. Pour it back into the pot and combine.
- Add the coriander, and stir well. Salt to taste, and serve with more coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.