- Preheat the oven to 180C and lightly coat the muffin tray with some coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flours, baking powder and salt. Use a whisk to mix these together, as it will aerate the dry ingredients
- In a jug, whisk the milk, oil, vanilla and lemon juice (there will be separation of the oil and milk if you leave it too long, try to work quickly!)
- Pour slowly into the flour mix.
- Add the chia seeds, yoghurt and poppy seeds last, and gently fold. Please do not over-stir, as the mixture will seize
- Using a small ladle, or a dessert spoon, fill the muffin tray until almost full
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool before removing from tray
- Best stored in the fridge if not eaten within 2 days, or freeze and allow to defrost at room temperature