- Drain and rinse the cashews well and pop into your blender
- Add olive oil, garlic cloves, salt, and za'atar and process until smooth
- Add a splash of water and blend again. You can also add a probiotic if you wish.
- Spoon the cashew cheese into a nut milk bag, and squeeze out excess liquid
- Add to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and pop another bowl on top. Weight it down and press. Leave for up to two hours.
- Pour the cheese into a clean bowl, top with extra olive oil, lemon juice and some more za'atar
- Serve with crackers, crudités or on sandwiches and store any leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.