While I was away in Bali, Paul face timed me and he put the dogs on the camera. Oh those eyes! Asking “when’s mummy coming home?!” He wanted to give them a little treat, so gave them each their own spoonfuls of peanut butter (their favourite treat ever!)
Could you ever say no to this face?
And the joy!
When I arrived home, the pantry was BARE. I mean, bare enough that even me, who teaches people what to do with all the food in their pantry – was almost stumped. Almost.
I was dying for a bowl of cereal, and only had rolled oats, some coconut sugar, a few staples, and some of my fave 99th Monkey Organic Salted Peanut Butter in the pantry. So I got to work.
And what came out was not only amazingly delicious, but also doubled as – wait for it – a homemade dog treat!
Good enough for humans and dogs! Win win in my books. The reason why I love 99th Monkey nut butters so much (I have ridic love for them, their ethos and the butters) is that they’re just nuts – nothing else – all organic, fair trade, and made right here in Melbourne!
A lot of commercial peanut butters contain Stevia (more so in the USA than here in Australia) which has been shown to cause diarrhoea in dogs – so we avoid them of course- but 99th Monkey has NO stevia, NO palm oil (total win!) and the pups love the peanut butter like crazy…as do I.
This can be eaten:
- Straight from the cookie jar!
- With your favourite nut milk
- Alongside your favourite furry friend
- On top and crumbled in almond milk ice cream
- Served with coconut yoghurt and fruit
- Drizzled with chocolate
SO many ways.
You could even use Almond Butter, or even this Hazelnut and Cacao Nut Butter!
Go forth and make these! You won’t be sorry!
If you do want to make more scrumptious foods for your best four legged friend, don’t forget to check out my best selling ebook, Delicious Doggy Dishes!
*Note: This blog post was not paid for by 99th Monkey. I was given some nut butters to try, and fell in love with them. As you guys know, I’ll never promote something I don’t absolutely adore, or wouldn’t buy myself. All opinions and words are my own.
- YIELD: 3 cups (8-10 Servings)
- PREP: 5 mins
- COOK: 10 mins
- READY IN: 15 mins
- 2 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup 99th Monkey Organic Salted Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar or sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 4 tbsp water for ten minutes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of Murray River salt flakes
- In a high powered blender, process your oats until a fine flour forms and pre-heat your oven to 180ºC
- Add the peanut butter, coconut sugar, chia seeds, baking powder and salt, and blend until a sticky dough forms
- On a lined baking tray, roll a small amount of dough into balls (about 1/2 tsp worth) and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden
- Serve once cold, with some almond milk as cereal or give to your dogs as a treat!